Twilight Duel Academy (TDA)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the greatest duelists of our time!

Homelatest topicsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» our new academy from may12th
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 am by kompella123

» this will probably be the finall announcement for this academy....
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:52 pm by kompella123

» Lets recuirt!
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:01 pm by kompella123

» white dorm leader :D
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm by Slifer (shawnekis)

» break tourny
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 am by Aakash

» Leaving 4 good
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am by Aakash

» new rules(just addition to the old ones)
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm by DarkWorldOverlord

» Role Play Time
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm by craigeybear

» my dorm (anyone who doesn't like pudding will be eaten)
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by craigeybear

Affiliates
free forum

free forum

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 201 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:29 pm
Most Viewed Topics
twilight grand prix!!! finished
my dorm (anyone who doesn't like pudding will be eaten)
Survival tourny. finished
Duelist Kingdom.
Tourny for the best!!!!!!!!!!! finished
Grand prix 2 teams
this will probably be the finall announcement for this academy....
My dorm room and kompella isn't allowed :D
structure deck tourney
Leaving 4 good
Top posters
Aakash
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_vote_lcapFORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_voting_barFORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_vote_rcap 
kompella123
FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_vote_lcapFORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_voting_barFORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! I_vote_rcap 
craigeybear
DarkWorldOverlord
xxroid
Levelest
Kazenshi
MorphGuy1000
jackachu100
SirNoiCrezant
Most active topics
twilight grand prix!!! finished
Duelist Kingdom.
Survival tourny. finished
Grand prix 2 teams
my dorm (anyone who doesn't like pudding will be eaten)
Tourny for the best!!!!!!!!!!! finished
structure deck tourney
this will probably be the finall announcement for this academy....
My dorm room and kompella isn't allowed :D
COMEON EVERYONE ARE WE REALLY GOING TO LET THIS DIE?
number of views
jsp and php counter
Get Visitors Count
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yugiohmania827

yugiohmania827

FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Empty
PostSubject: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:27 am

A lot of you people know the card Forbidden Robe. I'm sure a lot of you are planning on using it in your deck. Well let me tell you guys something. THE CARD SUCKS MONKEY BALLS! Many of you probably thin I am smoking pot or just plain crazy. WELL I'M NOT! This card was gonna be used to stop veiler's. It cant. Honestly people how dumb can you be. Allow me to post both effects below.

Forbidden Robe: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; Until the End Phase, it loses 600 ATK, but cards' effects cannot target or destroy it.

Effect Veiler: During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the End Phase.

If you do not know how to read that then let me break it down. Forbidden Robe is supposed to stop all targeting and destruction of the card. A good thing but no big deal. Veiler stops effects, everyone knows that. Now, here is how everyone thinks this goes. In my example I will use Rescue Rabbit, Forbidden Robe, and Effect Veiler.

Player A summons Rescue Rabbit, Player B has no response. Player A activates Rabbit's effect. Player B chains Effect Veiler. Player A chains Forbidden Robe. Although Rabbit has 0 Atk it is still on the field for the effect to activate. This is due to the fact being that Robe chains first and Veiler does not work.
THIS IS THE WRONG WAY! THAT IS INCORRECT RULINGS!

Now I will you show how it really goes down.

Player A summons Rescue Rabbit, Player B has no response. Player A activates Rabbit's eff, Player B chains Effect Veiler, Player A chains forbidden Robe. Rescue Rabbit stays on the field and loses 600 Atk putting it at 0 Atk.

Now many of you guys may be asking, well how does that happen. Allow me to put it into easy to understand terms. Because Effect Veiler TARGETS in hand, Forbidden robe wont work due to the fact being Veiler had already targeted.

There is your lesson of the day. Come tommorow to learn about more cards in this game.
Back to top Go down
Kazenshi

Kazenshi

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 am

Just a sad excuse for lance is all i say
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827

yugiohmania827

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 pm

It is but worse. Just pointing out though people think it will stop effect veiler but it wont.
Back to top Go down
Hiimbob1123
Tester
Hiimbob1123

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Lol, that dosent mean robe sucks, it means that when you summon rabbit, you ask for a response, they say no (as in your scenario) you use forbidden robe FIRST, how it should be used, its a good card, just have to know how to play it.
Back to top Go down
Hiimbob1123
Tester
Hiimbob1123

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm

and anyways, when rabbits effect is declared, you must pay the cost for it (Banishing) first before the opponent can chain anything, so i dont see hwo veiler can stop an already declared rabbit eff also, veiler dosent target in the hand, it targets after its been sent to the grave, they use veilers effect and discard (the cost) you chain robe.
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827

yugiohmania827

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Well you obviously dont realize what your saying. Yes the discard is a cost for veiler but it targets from the hand.
Back to top Go down
Hiimbob1123
Tester
Hiimbob1123

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

your scenario is wrong anyways. if they dont veiler rabbit when its summoned, they cant veiler it if its effect is activated
Back to top Go down
Aakash
Admin
Aakash

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 pm

https://i.imgur.com/LABaW.png well... i don't think we need to argue on this any more
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827

yugiohmania827

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 am

But effect veiler has already targeted lolz. You still can play it but its effect wont go through. READ THE CARDS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!   FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORBIDDEN ROBE SUCKS!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Duel Academy (TDA) :: Twilight Duel Academy Discussions Section! :: TCG discussions-
Jump to: